It lies in Komárom-Esztergom County, about an hour’s drive from Budapest and Győr on motorway M1. Parking is possible on the street.
The Esterházy Palace in Tata was erected between 1763 and 1765 according to the plans of Jakab Fellner. The big palace with two towers on the corners is connected to the small palace with single-storey side wings, and they encompass a trapezoid inner courtyard. A row of stately rooms occupies the first floor and the ground floor of the big palace. The dining room, the ceremonial hall and the suite of the count were all downstairs. The library, as well as the suites of the countess and the guests were formed the first floor. On the first floor, the ornate dining hall with wooden panelling was probably fashioned on the occasion of the 1897 visit of the emperor and king.