The palace is 130 kilometres, about one and a half hour’s drive from Budapest on motorway M7. The open car park under the palace can accommodate 35-40 cars and 3 buses. Four or five cars can park directly at the palace.
The builder of the palace, Pipo of Ozora, or Filippo Scolari came from Florence to Hungary at the age of 13, and was a mercantile clerk until, due to his talent, he became an appreciated baron, economic expert, an excellent military leader and diplomat of King Sigismund. He started to build the palace in a Gothic style in 1416. Its embellishment reminds visitors of that of Italian urban palaces.
The Baroque Nagyvendéglő has a long history. It stands near the palace, in the main square of the village. It has also been restored and converted to be the Esterházy Visitor Centre that can be rented for events.